All word forms (plurals, possessives, capitalizations, tenses, abbreviations) are included. Definitions are taken from WordWeb Online unless otherwise stated.
- Us - The Company, Platform, website, we, aisle45.com, Aisle 45, etc. Simply put, not you.
- You - Anyone who is not us.
- Artist - The band, musician or comedian; a content creator.
- Track - A complete recording of a musical composition; a "single". It can be a rough cut or even a live jam session. It does not need to be mastered.
- Song - A musical composition that includes lyrics.
- Lyrics - The words to a song; words that are meant to be sung. Lyrics are not considered a song until sung and recorded.
- Instrumental - adj. Relating to or designed for or performed on musical instruments; n. A musical composition or recording without lyrics or singing, although it might include some inarticulate vocals – per Wikipedia.
- Derivative Works - n. A mix (by original artist) or remix (by another artist) of a track.
- Concert - n. A performance of music by players or singers not involving theatrical staging.
- Image - n. Picture, photograph, logo, icon or any other graphic dipiction.
- Copy - n. A thing made to be similar or identical to another thing; v. Make a replica of.
- Distribute - v. 2 Disperse widely; 3 Make available; 6 Cause to become widely known.
- Aisle 45 - n. A custom stack of ten (10) tracks selected for purchase.
For All Users
Do not copy, reverse-engineer, intentionally crash, or otherwise damage the website. We reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions at any time.
For Content Creators
Your tracks are instantly added to our store and active in our streaming internet player, featuring a play-on-demand search tool. Each track is available to buy for a dollar ($1) and you get a dollar for each one sold. You get 100% of proceeds from track sales.
We cut checks once a month to the mailing address on file. Checks are the default method. There is no minimum to receive a check. PayPal® is our preferred method. If you provide it, we opt to use it first. In the event of a snag, the default method is used. Keep your profile current as we are NOT responsible for lost, misguided, or stolen monies.
The audience votes on tracks in real time. Popular tracks stay on the stream while "poopular" tracks get booted off to become B-sides. B-sides are not on active rotation but are still available via search and can be upvoted from there. Your Artist Homepage displays upvotes, downvotes, upload date, sales and status (whether it is currently active or not). You may delete your account anytime but doing so doesn't delete your stuff. We keep it safe in case you come back.
Drop us a line with any questions.
We share your stuff with nobody.
Aisle45.com is always in beta mode.